(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(形) As an adjective
(名) As a noun
- No longer sufficient.
- Containing little excess.
- Lacking the requisite qualities or resources to meet a task.
- English synonyms: unequal, inadequate
- Synonyms: 不充分, 不充分的, 不胜任, 不胜任的, 不够, 不够的, 不足的, 不适当, 不适当的
- Antonyms: 充分, 充分的, 足够, 足够的, 适当, 适当的
- Of a quantity not able to fulfill a need or requirement.
- English synonyms: deficient, insufficient
- Synonyms: 不充足, 不充足的, 不够, 不够的, 不足的, 缺乏
- Antonyms: 充足, 充足的, 满足需要, 满足需要的, 足够, 足够的
- Less than the correct or legal or full amount often deliberately so.
(副) As an adverb
- A critical situation that arises because of a shortage (as a shortage of time or money or resources).
- Lack of an adequate quantity or number.
- The state of needing something that is absent or unavailable.
- The property of being an amount by which something is less than expected or required.
- A lack of competence.
- In an inadequate manner or to an inadequate degree.