(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(名) As a noun
(动) As a verb
- A return on a shot that seemed impossible to reach and would normally have resulted in a point for the opponent.
- Make children.
- Undergo (as of injuries and illnesses).
- Be stricken by an illness, fall victim to an illness.
- Come to have or undergo a change of (physical features and attributes).
- Give certain properties to something.
- Cause to move; cause to be in a certain position or condition.
- Enter or assume a certain state or condition.
- Take the first step or steps in carrying out an action.
- Receive a specified treatment (abstract).
- Grasp with the mind or develop an understanding of.
- Be a mystery or bewildering to.
- Synonyms: amaze, baffle, beat, bewilder, dumbfound, flummox, gravel, mystify, nonplus, perplex, pose, puzzle, stick, stupefy, vex
- Reach by calculation.
- Cause to do; cause to act in a specified manner.
- Move into a desired direction of discourse.
- Communicate with a place or person; establish communication with, as if by telephone.
- Take vengeance on or get even.
- Succeed in catching or seizing, especially after a chase.
- Reach with a blow or hit in a particular spot.
- Go or come after and bring or take back.
- Attract and fix.
- Overcome or destroy.
- Earn or achieve a base by being walked by the pitcher.
- Apprehend and reproduce accurately.
- Evoke an emotional response.
- Reach a destination; arrive by movement or progress.
- Reach and board.
- Leave immediately; used usually in the imperative form.
- Go through (mental or physical states or experiences).
- Suffer from the receipt of.
- Perceive by hearing.
- Chinese synonyms: 购买, 买, 购
- Come into the possession of something concrete or abstract.
- Achieve a point or goal.
- Acquire as a result of some effort or action.