|English Definition|(形) As an adjective
(名) As a noun
- Of or belonging to a racial group having light skin coloration.
- Of summer nights in northern latitudes where the sun barely sets.
- Being of the achromatic color of maximum lightness; having little or no hue owing to reflection of almost all incident light.
- Anemic looking from illness or emotion.
- (of hair) having lost its color.
- (of coffee) having cream or milk added.
- (of a surface) not written or printed on.
- Benevolent; without malicious intent.
- Glowing white with heat.
- Restricted to whites only.
- Marked by the presence of snow.
- Free from moral blemish or impurity; unsullied.
(动) As a verb
- Trousers made of flannel or gabardine or tweed or white cloth.
- The lighter pieces.
- The quality or state of the achromatic color of greatest lightness (bearing the least resemblance to black).
- The white part of an egg; the nutritive and protective gelatinous substance surrounding the yolk consisting mainly of albumin dissolved in water.
- A tributary of the Mississippi River that flows southeastward through northern Arkansas and southern Missouri.
- A member of the Caucasoid race.
- United States educator who in 1865 (with Ezra Cornell) founded Cornell University and served as its first president (1832-1918).
- United States writer noted for his humorous essays (1899-1985).
- United States architect (1853-1906).
- United States political journalist (1915-1986).
- Australian writer (1912-1990 ).
- United States jurist appointed chief justice of the United States Supreme Court in 1910 by President Taft; noted for his work on antitrust legislation (1845-1921).
- Turn white.
|Part of Speech||(形) adjective, (名) noun, (动) verb|