|English Definition|(名) As a noun
(动) As a verb
- Edible marine bivalve having a fluted fan-shaped shell that swim by expelling water from the shell in a series of snapping motions.
- Thin slice of meat (especially veal) usually fried or broiled.
- Edible muscle of mollusks having fan-shaped shells; served broiled or poached or in salads or cream sauces.
- One of a series of rounded projections (or the notches between them) formed by curves along an edge (as the edge of a leaf or piece of cloth or the margin of a shell or a shriveled red blood cell observed in a hypertonic solution etc.).
- Shape or cut in scallops.
- Fish for scallops.
- Form scallops in.
- Bake in a sauce, milk, etc., often with breadcrumbs on top.
- Decorate an edge with scallops.
|Part of Speech||(名) noun, (及物的动) transitive verb, (不及物的动) intransitive verb|