|English Definition|(形) As an adjective
(名) As a noun
- Characterized by or emitting light.
- Casual and unrestrained in sexual behavior.
- (used of color) having a relatively small amount of coloring agent.
- (used of soil) loose and large-grained in consistency.
- (of sleep) easily disturbed.
- Demanding little effort; not burdensome.
- Having relatively few calories.
- Easily assimilated in the alimentary canal; not rich or heavily seasoned.
- Of comparatively little physical weight or density.
- Designed for ease of movement or to carry little weight.
- Psychologically light; especially free from sadness or troubles.
- Not great in degree or quantity or number.
- Not having atomic weight greater than average.
- Of little intensity or power or force.
- Moving easily and quickly; nimble.
- Of the military or industry; using (or being) relatively small or light arms or equipment.
- (of sound or color) free from anything that dulls or dims.
- Silly or trivial.
- Intended primarily as entertainment; not serious or profound.
- Having little importance.
- (used of vowels or syllables) pronounced with little or no stress.
- Less than the correct or legal or full amount often deliberately so.
- Marked by temperance in indulgence.
- Very thin and insubstantial.
- Weak and likely to lose consciousness.
(副) As an adverb
- Any device serving as a source of illumination.
- A device for lighting or igniting fuel or charges or fires.
- The visual effect of illumination on objects or scenes as created in pictures.
- Merriment expressed by a brightness or gleam or animation of countenance.
- The quality of being luminous; emitting or reflecting light.
- Public awareness.
- Mental understanding as an enlightening experience.
- A particular perspective or aspect of a situation.
- A visual warning signal.
- An illuminated area.
- A person regarded very fondly.
- Electromagnetic radiation that can produce a visual sensation.
- Having abundant light or illumination.
- A condition of spiritual awareness; divine illumination.
- A divine presence believed by Quakers to enlighten and guide the soul.
(动) As a verb
- Make lighter or brighter.
- Begin to smoke.
- Alight from (a horse).
- To come to rest, settle.
- Fall to somebody by assignment or lot.
- Cause to start burning; subject to fire or great heat.
|Part of Speech||(名) noun, (形) adjective, (动) verb, (副) adverb, (不及物的动) intransitive verb|