|English Definition|(名) As a noun
(动) As a verb
- The act of raising something.
- A ride in a car.
- Transportation of people or goods by air (especially when other means of access are unavailable).
- Plastic surgery to remove wrinkles and other signs of aging from your face; an incision is made near the hair line and skin is pulled back and excess tissue is excised.
- The act of giving temporary assistance.
- Lifting device consisting of a platform or cage that is raised and lowered mechanically in a vertical shaft in order to move people from one floor to another in a building.
- One of the layers forming the heel of a shoe or boot.
- A device worn in a shoe or boot to make the wearer look taller or to correct a shortened leg.
- A powered conveyance that carries skiers up a hill.
- A wave that lifts the surface of the water or ground.
- The event of something being raised upward.
- The component of the aerodynamic forces acting on an airfoil that opposes gravity.
- Perform cosmetic surgery on someone's face.
- Remove from a surface.
- Take off or away by decreasing.
- Remove from a seedbed or from a nursery.
- Remove (hair) by scalping.
- Put an end to.
- Rise upward, as from pressure or moisture.
- Raise in rank or condition.
- Invigorate or heighten.
- Call to stop the hunt or to retire, as of hunting dogs.
- Cancel officially.
- Make audible.
- Take (root crops) out of the ground.
- Fly people or goods to or from places not accessible by other means.
- Raise or haul up with or as if with mechanical help.
- Take hold of something and move it to a different location.
- Move upward.
- Move upwards.
- Raise from a lower to a higher position.
- Make off with belongings of others.
- Take illegally.
- Take without referencing from someone else's writing or speech; of intellectual property.
- Pay off (a mortgage).
- Rise up.
|Part of Speech||(动) verb, (名) noun, (及物的动) transitive verb, (不及物的动) intransitive verb|