|English Definition|(名) As a noun
(动) As a verb
- The act of drawing or hauling something.
- Poker in which a player can discard cards and receive substitutes from the dealer.
- The quarterback moves back as if to pass and then hands the ball to the fullback who is running toward the line of scrimmage.
- A golf shot that curves to the left for a right-handed golfer.
- A playing card or cards dealt or taken from the pack.
- Anything (straws or pebbles etc.) taken or chosen at random.
- The finish of a contest in which the score is tied and the winner is undecided.
- A gully that is shallower than a ravine.
- An entertainer who attracts large audiences.
- Cause to localize at one point.
- Flatten, stretch, or mold metal or glass, by rolling or by pulling it through a die or by stretching.
- Remove the entrails of.
- Steep; pass through a strainer.
- Reduce the diameter of (a wire or metal rod) by pulling it through a die.
- Bring or lead someone to a certain action or condition.
- Select or take in from a given group or region.
- Make, formulate, or derive in the mind.
- Give a description of.
- Choose at random.
- Finish a game with an equal number of points, goals, etc..
- Suck in or take (air).
- Pass over, across, or through.
- Move or pull so as to cover or uncover something.
- Stretch back a bowstring (on an archer's bow).
- Thread on or as if on a string.
- Cause to move by pulling.
- Direct toward itself or oneself by means of some psychological power or physical attributes.
- Take in, also metaphorically.
- Make a mark or lines on a surface.
- Earn or achieve a base by being walked by the pitcher.
- Engage in drawing.
- Represent by making a drawing of, as with a pencil, chalk, etc. on a surface.
- Write a legal document or paper.
- Elicit responses, such as objections, criticism, applause, etc..
- Take liquid out of a container or well.
- Bring, take, or pull out of a container or from under a cover.
- Move or go steadily or gradually.
- Cause to flow.
- Cause to move in a certain direction by exerting a force upon, either physically or in an abstract sense.
- Get or derive.
- Remove (a commodity) from (a supply source).
- Pull (a person) apart with four horses tied to his extremities, so as to execute him.
- Require a specified depth for floating.
- Allow a draft.
|Part of Speech||(动) verb, (不及物的动) intransitive verb, (及物的动) transitive verb, (名) noun|