|English Definition|(名) As a noun
- The act of defending someone or something against attack or injury.
- Protection from harm.
- Military action or resources protecting a country against potential enemies.
- A defendant's answer or plea denying the truth of the charges against him.
- A structure used to defend against attack.
- The justification for some act or belief.
- The speech act of answering an attack on your assertions.
- An organization of defenders that provides resistance against attack.
- The defendant and his legal advisors collectively.
- The team that is trying to prevent the other team from scoring.
- An unconscious process that tries to reduce the anxiety associated with instinctive desires.
- The federal department responsible for safeguarding national security of the United States; created in 1947.
|Part of Speech||(名) noun|