|English Definition|(名) As a noun
(动) As a verb
- A comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy.
- A portable container for carrying several objects.
- A glass container used to store and display items in a shop or museum or home.
- Bed linen consisting of a cover for a pillow.
- The receptacle in which a compositor has his type, which is divided into compartments for the different letters, spaces, or numbers.
- The enclosing frame around a door or window opening.
- The housing or outer covering of something.
- An enveloping structure or covering enclosing an animal or plant organ or part.
- The actual state of things.
- Nouns or pronouns or adjectives (often marked by inflection) related in some way to other words in a sentence.
- A statement of facts and reasons used to support an argument.
- A problem requiring investigation.
- A specific size and style of type within a type family.
- An occurrence of something.
- A person requiring professional services.
- A person of a specified kind (usually with many eccentricities).
- A person who is subjected to experimental or other observational procedures; someone who is an object of investigation.
- The quantity contained in a case.
- A special set of circumstances.
- A specific state of mind that is temporary.
- Enclose in, or as if in, a case.
- Look over, usually with the intention to rob.
|Part of Speech||(名) noun, (及物的动) transitive verb|