|English Definition|(名) As a noun
(动) As a verb
- The option to buy a given stock (or stock index or commodity future) at a given price before a given date.
- The decision made by an umpire or referee.
- A visit in an official or professional capacity.
- A brief social visit.
- A telephone connection.
- An instruction that interrupts the program being executed.
- The characteristic sound produced by a bird.
- A loud utterance; often in protest or opposition.
- A request.
- A demand.
- A demand for a show of hands in a card game.
- A demand by a broker that a customer deposit enough to bring his margin up to the minimum requirement.
- A special disposition (as if from a divine source) to pursue a particular course.
- Rouse somebody from sleep with a call.
- Consider or regard as being.
- Challenge the sincerity or truthfulness of.
- Utter in a loud voice or announce.
- Order, summon, or request for a specific duty or activity, work, role.
- Order or request or give a command for.
- Lure by imitating the characteristic call of an animal.
- Get or try to get into communication (with someone) by telephone.
- Order, request, or command to come.
- Declare in the capacity of an umpire or referee.
- Challenge (somebody) to make good on a statement; charge with or censure for an offense.
- Require the presentation of for redemption before maturation.
- Utter a sudden loud cry.
- Make a prediction about; tell in advance.
- Ascribe a quality to or give a name of a common noun that reflects a quality.
- Utter a characteristic note or cry.
- Assign a specified (usually proper) proper name to.
- Send a message or attempt to reach someone by radio, phone, etc.; make a signal to in order to transmit a message.
- Read aloud to check for omissions or absentees.
- Indicate a decision in regard to.
- Give the calls (to the dancers) for a square dance.
- Make a demand, as for a card or a suit or a show of hands.
- Demand payment of (a loan).
- Call a meeting; invite or command to meet.
- Pay a brief visit.
- Make a stop in a harbour.
- Greet, as with a prescribed form, title, or name.
- Stop or postpone because of adverse conditions, such as bad weather.
|Part of Speech||(动) verb, (及物的动) transitive verb, (不及物的动) intransitive verb, (名) noun|