|English Definition|(名) As a noun
- An investigation of the component parts of a whole and their relations in making up the whole.
- A set of techniques for exploring underlying motives and a method of treating various mental disorders; based on the theories of Sigmund Freud.
- The abstract separation of a whole into its constituent parts in order to study the parts and their relations.
- A branch of mathematics involving calculus and the theory of limits; sequences and series and integration and differentiation.
- A form of literary criticism in which the structure of a piece of writing is analyzed.
- The use of closed-class words instead of inflections: e.g., `the father of the bride' instead of `the bride's father'.
|Part of Speech||(名) noun|