(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(形) As an adjective
(名) As a noun
- Established as genuine.
- Serving to prove or demonstrate.
- Serving as or based on evidence.
- Tending to prove a particular proposition or to persuade you of the truth of an allegation.
(动) As a verb
- A formal series of statements showing that if one thing is true something else necessarily follows from it.
- English synonyms: proof
- Synonyms: 证据
- The condition of having the identity (of a person or object) established.
- Authenticate, affirm to be true, genuine, or correct, as in an official capacity.
- Establish the validity of something, as by an example, explanation or experiment.
- Be shown or be found to be.
- Establish or strengthen as with new evidence or facts.
- Give evidence of.
- Provide evidence for.
- Provide evidence for; stand as proof of; show by one's behavior, attitude, or external attributes.
- Establish or verify the usage of.