(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(形) As an adjective
(名) As a noun
- Coming down freely under the influence of gravity.
(动) As a verb
- A free and rapid descent by the force of gravity.
- Lose an upright position suddenly.
- Descend in free fall under the influence of gravity.
- English synonyms: fall
- Synonyms: 掉, 落
- To fall vertically.
- Move downward and lower, but not necessarily all the way.
- English synonyms: descend, go down, come down, fall
- Synonyms: 下降, 传下, 降低
- Antonyms: 攀登, 爬上, 登高, 上升, 上涨, 出现
- Let or cause to fall in drops.
- Let fall to the ground.
- English synonyms: drop
- Synonyms: 掉
- Appear to move downward.