(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(形) As an adjective
(名) As a noun
- Of a quantity not able to fulfill a need or requirement.
- English synonyms: deficient, insufficient
- Synonyms: 不充足, 不充足的, 不够, 不够的, 不足, 不足的
- Antonyms: 充足, 充足的, 满足需要, 满足需要的, 足够, 足够的
- Less than the correct or legal or full amount often deliberately so.
(副) As an adverb
- A state of extreme poverty.
- Lack of an adequate quantity or number.
- A critical situation that arises because of a shortage (as a shortage of time or money or resources).
- A state of extreme poverty or destitution.
- A prolonged shortage.
- An acute insufficiency.
- The absence of matter.
- The state of being defective.
- The state of needing something that is absent or unavailable.
(动) As a verb
- Be without, lack; be deficient in.
- English synonyms: want
- Synonyms: 缺少
- Be without.