(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(动) As a verb
- Pass away rapidly.
- Disappear or come to an end.
- Pass by.
- English synonyms: go along, pass, slip away, lapse, slip by, elapse, glide by, go by, slide by
- Synonyms: 流逝, 逝去, 过, 过去
- Pass from physical life and lose all bodily attributes and functions necessary to sustain life.
- English synonyms: buy the farm, pass away, kick the bucket, exit, expire, choke, pass, conk, perish, cash in one's chips, pop off, go, drop dead, snuff it, decease, die, croak, give-up the ghost
- Synonyms: 去世, 死亡, 死去, 翘辫子
- Antonyms: 出生, 诞生
- Become smaller.
- Burn unsteadily, feebly, or low; flicker.