(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(名) As a noun
(动) As a verb
- A process of taking up or using up or consuming.
- The process of absorbing nutrients into the body after digestion.
- The state of being assimilated; people of different backgrounds come to see themselves as part of a larger national family.
- The process in which one substance takes up or holds another (by either absorption or adsorption).
- The process in which incident radiated energy is retained without reflection or transmission on passing through a medium.
- A process in which one substance permeates another; a fluid permeates or is dissolved by a liquid or solid.
- Take up, as of debts or payments.
- Take up mentally.
- Be designed to hold or take.
- Take in, also metaphorically.
- Become imbued.
- Suck or take up or in.
- Take (gas, light or heat) into a solution.
- Attract by using an inexorable force, inducement, etc..