(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(名) As a noun
(动) As a verb
- A dormant or quiescent state.
- An interruption or temporary suspension of progress or movement.
- Suspension of an ongoing activity.
- A restraint that checks the motion of something.
- A situation in which no progress can be made or no advancement is possible.
- Cease operating.
- Put an end to a state or an activity.
- Stop from happening or developing.
- Have an end, in a temporal, spatial, or quantitative sense; either spatial or metaphorical.
- Come to an end, stop or cease.
- Terminate by selling off or disposing of.
- Stop a judicial process.
- Used in the imperative (get away, or stop it).
- Come to rest.
- Be the end of; be the last or concluding part of.
- Prevent completion.
- Come to or be at an end.
- Come to a halt, stop moving.