(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(动) As a verb
- Maintain for use and service.
- Have as a supply.
- Hold back within.
- Conform one's action or practice to.
- Prevent (food) from rotting.
- Look after; be the keeper of; have charge of.
- Keep in a certain state, position, or activity; e.g.,.
- Allow to remain in a place or position or maintain a property or feature.
- Resist or confront with resistance.
- English synonyms: defy, hold, withstand, hold up
- Synonyms: 坚持, 忍住, 忍受, 抗住, 抗拒, 抵抗, 经得起, 顶得住
- Be and remain in a particular state or condition.
- English synonyms: lie
- Synonyms: 继续, 处于
- Secure and keep for possible future use or application.
- Retain rights to.
- Keep in safety and protect from harm, decay, loss, or destruction.
- Maintain by writing regular records.
- Retain possession of.
- Continue a certain state, condition, or activity.
- English synonyms: go along, keep, proceed, go on, continue
- Synonyms: 延续, 持续, 继续, 进行下去
- Antonyms: 中断, 中止, 停止, 终止, 结束
- Keep or maintain in unaltered condition; cause to remain or last.
- Remain in a certain state, position, or condition.