(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(名) As a noun
(动) As a verb
- The work of cleansing (usually with soap and water).
- Any enterprise in which losses and gains cancel out.
- Garments or white goods that can be cleaned by laundering.
- A watercolor made by applying a series of monochrome washes one over the other.
- A thin coat of water-base paint.
- The dry bed of an intermittent stream (as at the bottom of a canyon).
- The flow of air that is driven backwards by an aircraft propeller.
- The erosive process of washing away soil or gravel by water (as from a roadway).
- To cleanse (itself or another animal) by licking.
- Cleanse (one's body) with soap and water.
- Wash or flow against.
- Make moist.
- Form by erosion.
- Remove by the application of water or other liquid and soap or some other cleaning agent.
- Apply a thin coating of paint, metal, etc., to.
- Clean with some chemical process.
- Cleanse with a cleaning agent, such as soap, and water.
- Separate dirt or gravel from (precious minerals).
- Move by or as if by water.
- Admit to testing or proof.
- Be capable of being washed.