(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(名) As a noun
(动) As a verb
- The act of throwing (propelling something with a rapid movement of the arm and wrist).
- Casting an object in order to determine an outcome randomly.
- Bedclothes consisting of a lightweight cloth covering (an afghan or bedspread) that is casually thrown over something.
- The maximum movement available to a pivoted or reciprocating piece by a cam.
- A single chance or instance.
- Be confusing or perplexing to; cause to be unable to think clearly.
- Chinese synonyms: 混淆, 使混淆, 使混乱, 使迷糊, 使迷惑
- Synonyms: bedevil, befuddle, confound, confuse, discombobulate, fox, fuddle
- Convey or communicate; of a smile, a look, a physical gesture.
- Utter with force; utter vehemently.
- Throw (a die) out onto a flat surface.
- Place or put with great energy.
- Propel through the air.
- Chinese synonyms: 掷, 抛, 投掷, 扔, 投
- Cause to go on or to be engaged or set in operation.
- Get rid of.
- Cause to fall off.
- Put or send forth.
- Make on a potter's wheel.
- Organize or be responsible for.
- Cause to be confused emotionally.
- Move violently, energetically, or carelessly.
- To put into a state or activity hastily, suddenly, or carelessly.