(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(名) As a noun
(动) As a verb
- The act of photographing a scene or part of a scene without interruption.
- The income or profit arising from such transactions as the sale of land or other property.
- Be stricken by an illness, fall victim to an illness.
- Remove something concrete, as by lifting, pushing, or taking off, or remove something abstract.
- Ascertain or determine by measuring, computing or take a reading from a dial.
- Take on a certain form, attribute, or aspect.
- Be seized or affected in a specified way.
- Be a student of a certain subject.
- Interpret something in a certain way; convey a particular meaning or impression.
- Accept or undergo, often unwillingly.
- Pick out, select, or choose from a number of alternatives.
- Take into consideration for exemplifying purposes.
- Take as an undesirable consequence of some event or state of affairs.
- Lay claim to; as of an idea.
- Make a film or photograph of something.
- Obtain by winning.
- Point or cause to go (blows, weapons, or objects such as photographic equipment) towards.
- Serve oneself to, or consume regularly.
- Get into one's hands, take physically.
- Have sex with; archaic use.
- Travel or go by means of a certain kind of transportation, or a certain route.
- Proceed along in a vehicle.
- Occupy or take on.
- Take somebody somewhere.
- Head into a specified direction.
- Take something or somebody with oneself somewhere.
- Experience or feel or submit to.
- Take into one's possession.
- Take by force.
- Buy, select.
- Chinese synonyms: 买下, 购买, 买
- Engage for service under a term of contract.
- Receive or obtain regularly.
- Make use of or accept for some purpose.
- Receive willingly something given or offered.
- Admit into a group or community.
- Require (time or space).
- Assume, as of positions or roles.
- Carry out.
- Require as useful, just, or proper.
- Chinese synonyms: 需要, 必要, 要求, 需, 要, 需求
- Synonyms: ask, call for, demand, involve, necessitate, need, postulate, require
- Antonyms: eliminate, obviate, rid of
- Be capable of holding or containing.
- Have with oneself; have on one's person.
- Be designed to hold or take.