(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(名) As a noun
(动) As a verb
- A conspicuous success.
- A pitch that the batter swings at and misses, or that the batter hits into foul territory, or that the batter does not swing at but the umpire judges to be in the area over home plate and between the batter's knees and shoulders.
- A score in tenpins: knocking down all ten with the first ball.
- An attack that is intended to seize or inflict damage on or destroy an objective.
- A group's refusal to work in protest against low pay or bad work conditions.
- A gentle blow.
- Cause to form (an electric arc) between electrodes of an arc lamp.
- Arrive at after reckoning, deliberating, and weighing.
- Indicate (a certain time) by striking.
- Make a strategic, offensive, assault against an enemy, opponent, or a target.
- Affect or afflict suddenly, usually adversely.
- Produce by manipulating keys or strings of musical instruments, also metaphorically.
- Pierce with force.
- Hit against; come into sudden contact with.
- Chinese synonyms: 击中, 冲击, 打, 碰击, 打击, 击, 冲撞, 碰上, 碰撞, 撞倒, 使撞击
- Synonyms: collide with, hit, impinge on, run into
- Antonyms: miss
- Smooth with a strickle.
- Deliver a sharp blow, as with the hand, fist, or weapon.
- Remove by erasing or crossing out or as if by drawing a line.
- Form by stamping, punching, or printing.
- Produce by ignition or a blow.
- Have an emotional or cognitive impact upon.
- Occupy or take on.
- Drive something violently into a location.
- Find unexpectedly.
- Chinese synonyms: 偶然发现, 偶然看见, 意外发现
- Synonyms: attain, chance on, chance upon, come across, come upon, discover, fall upon, happen upon, light upon
- Stop work in order to press demands.
- Touch or seem as if touching visually or audibly.