(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(名) As a noun
(动) As a verb
- A defensive effort.
- A stop made by a touring musical or theatrical group to give a performance.
- A platform where a (brass) band can play in the open air.
- A support or foundation.
- A support for displaying various articles.
- A booth where articles are displayed for sale.
- Tiered seats consisting of a structure (often made of wood) where people can sit to watch an event (game or parade).
- A small table for holding articles of various kinds.
- A mental position from which things are viewed.
- An interruption of normal activity.
- A growth of similar plants (usually trees) in a particular area.
- The position where a thing or person stands.
- Put up with something or somebody unpleasant.
- Chinese synonyms: 忍受, 受, 忍耐, 容忍
- Synonyms: abide, bear, brook, digest, endure, put up, stick out, stomach, suffer, support, tolerate
- Have or maintain a position or stand on an issue.
- Withstand the force of something.
- Be available for stud services.
- Be standing; be upright.
- Put into an upright position.
- Be in some specified state or condition.
- Hold one's ground; maintain a position; be steadfast or upright.
- Be tall; have a height of; copula.
- Be in effect; be or remain in force.
- Remain inactive or immobile.
- Occupy a place or location, also metaphorically.