(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(形) As an adjective
(名) As a noun
- Lacking in rigor or strictness.
- Flowing with little speed as e.g. at the turning of the tide.
- Not tense or taut.
(动) As a verb
- A cord or rope or cable that is hanging loosely.
- The quality of being loose (not taut).
- A soft wet area of low-lying land that sinks underfoot.
- A stretch of water without current or movement.
- A noticeable deterioration in performance or quality.
- Dust consisting of a mixture of small coal fragments and coal dust and dirt that sifts out when coal is passed over a sieve.
- Cause to heat and crumble by treatment with water.
- Become less in amount or intensity.
- Make less active or intense.
- Become slow or slower.
- Make less active or fast.
- Release tension on.
- Be inattentive to, or neglect.
- Avoid responsibilities and work, be idle.