(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(名) As a noun
(动) As a verb
- A covered cistern; waste water and sewage flow into it.
- Plumbing fixture consisting of a water basin fixed to a wall or floor and having a drainpipe.
- A depression in the ground communicating with a subterranean passage (especially in limestone) and formed by solution or by collapse of a cavern roof.
- A process that acts to absorb or remove energy or a substance from a system.
- Fall heavily or suddenly; decline markedly.
- Embed deeply.
- Descend into or as if into some soft substance or place.
- Pass into a specified state or condition.
- Fall or descend to a lower place or level.
- Cause to sink.
- Fall or sink heavily.
- Go under,.
- Appear to move downward.
- Chinese synonyms: 下沉, 落下
- Synonyms: dip