(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(名) As a noun
(动) As a verb
- The act of publicly exhibiting or entertaining.
- Pretending that something is the case in order to make a good impression.
- A social event involving a public performance or entertainment.
- Chinese synonyms: 表演, 秀, 演出
- Something intended to communicate a particular impression.
- Establish the validity of something, as by an example, explanation or experiment.
- Indicate a certain reading; of gauges and instruments.
- Give evidence of, as of records.
- Indicate a place, direction, person, or thing; either spatially or figuratively.
- Give expression to.
- Provide evidence for.
- Finish third or better in a horse or dog race.
- Show in, or as in, a picture.
- Take (someone) to their seats, as in theaters or auditoriums.
- Make visible or noticeable.
- Be or become visible or noticeable.
- Give an exhibition of to an interested audience.