(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(名) As a noun
(动) As a verb
- The act of changing one thing or position for another.
- The act of moving from one place to another.
- A loose-fitting dress hanging straight from the shoulders without a waist.
- A woman's sleeveless undergarment.
- The key on the typewriter keyboard that shifts from lower-case letters to upper-case letters.
- A qualitative change.
- An event in which something is displaced without rotation.
- A crew of workers who work for a specific period of time.
- A crack in the earth's crust resulting from the displacement of one side with respect to the other.
- The time period during which you are at work.
- Make a shift in or exchange of.
- Move and exchange for another.
- Lay aside, abandon, or leave for another.
- Change gears.
- Move from one setting or context to another.
- Change in quality.
- Change phonetically as part of a systematic historical change.
- Use a shift key on a keyboard.
- Move abruptly.
- Change place or direction.
- Move sideways or in an unsteady way.
- Move very slightly.
- Move around.