(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(形) As an adjective
(名) As a noun
- Converted to solid form (as concrete).
- Fixed and unmoving.
- Set down according to a plan:.
- On the point of or strongly disposed.
- Situated in a particular spot or position.
- Determined or decided upon as by an authority.
- Being below the horizon.
(动) As a verb
- Several exercises intended to be done in series.
- The act of putting something in position.
- Any electronic equipment that receives or transmits radio or tv signals.
- Representation consisting of the scenery and other properties used to identify the location of a dramatic production.
- Being temporarily ready to respond in a particular way.
- A relatively permanent inclination to react in a particular way.
- The descent of a heavenly body below the horizon.
- A group of things of the same kind that belong together and are so used.
- An abstract collection of numbers or symbols.
- An unofficial association of people or groups.
- The process of becoming hard or solid by cooling or drying or crystallization.
- A unit of play in tennis or squash.
- Evil Egyptian god with the head of a beast that has high square ears and a long snout; brother and murderer of Osiris.
- Arrange attractively.
- Bear fruit.
- Alter or regulate so as to achieve accuracy or conform to a standard.
- Set to a certain position or cause to operate correctly.
- Put into a certain state; cause to be in a certain state.
- Make ready or suitable or equip in advance for a particular purpose or for some use, event, etc.
- Get ready for a particular purpose or event.
- Equip with sails or masts.
- Become gelatinous.
- Fix conclusively or authoritatively.
- Decide upon or fix definitely.
- Establish as the highest level or best performance.
- Urge to attack someone.
- Give a fine, sharp edge to a knife or razor.
- Put into a certain place or abstract location.
- Insert (a nail or screw below the surface, as into a countersink).
- Put or set (seeds, seedlings, or plants) into the ground.
- Fix in a border.
- Put into a position that will restore a normal state.
- Apply or start.
- Adapt for performance in a different way.
- Set in type.
- Disappear beyond the horizon.