(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(名) As a noun
(动) As a verb
- Any support where you can sit (especially the part of a chair or bench etc. on which you sit).
- Furniture that is designed for sitting on.
- The cloth covering for the buttocks.
- A part of a machine that supports or guides another part.
- The legal right to sit as a member in a legislative or similar body.
- The fleshy part of the human body that you sit on.
- Chinese synonyms: 臀部, 尾部, 臀, 后部, 屁股
- Synonyms: arse, ass, backside, behind, bottom, bum, buns, butt, buttocks, can, derriere, fanny, fundament, hind end, hindquarters, keister, nates, posterior, prat, rear, rear end, rump, stern, tail, tail end, tooshie, tush
- The location (metaphorically speaking) where something is based.
- A space reserved for sitting (as in a theater or on a train or airplane).
- Chinese synonyms: 座位
- Synonyms: place
- A center of authority (as a city from which authority is exercised).
- Show to a seat; assign a seat for.
- Place in or on a seat.
- Place or attach firmly in or on a base.
- Provide with seats.
- Put a seat on a chair.
- Place ceremoniously or formally in an office or position.
- Be able to seat.