(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(形) As an adjective
(名) As a noun
- Done under pressure.
- Not accepting reservations.
(动) As a verb
- Physician and American Revolutionary leader; signer of the Declaration of Independence (1745-1813).
- The act of moving hurriedly and in a careless manner.
- An attempt to advance the ball by running into the line.
- A sudden burst of activity.
- A sudden forceful flow.
- The swift release of a store of affective force.
- Grasslike plants growing in wet places and having cylindrical often hollow stems.
- Urge to an unnatural speed.
- Act or move at high speed.
- Attack suddenly.
- Cause to occur rapidly.
- Move fast.
- Chinese synonyms: 赶快, 赶紧, 冲进, 加紧, 飞驰, 快进, 疾驰, 疾走
- Synonyms: belt along, bucket along, cannonball along, hasten, hie, hotfoot, pelt along, race, rush along, speed, step on it
- Antonyms: dawdle, linger
- Cause to move fast or to rush or race.
- Run with the ball, in football.