(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(名) As a noun
(动) As a verb
- The act of rolling something (as the ball in bowling).
- A flight maneuver; aircraft rotates about its longitudinal axis without changing direction or losing altitude.
- Walking with a swaying gait.
- The act of throwing dice.
- Anything rolled up in cylindrical form.
- Photographic film rolled up inside a container to protect it from light.
- A document that can be rolled up (as for storage).
- A list of names.
- A long heavy sea wave as it advances towards the shore.
- The sound of a drum (especially a snare drum) beaten rapidly and continuously.
- A deep prolonged sound (as of thunder or large bells).
- Rotary motion of an object around its own axis.
- Small rounded bread either plain or sweet.
- A roll of currency notes (often taken as the resources of a person or business etc.).
- A round shape formed by a series of concentric circles (as formed by leaves or flower petals).
- Execute a roll, in tumbling.
- Show certain properties when being rolled.
- Take the shape of a roll or cylinder.
- Shape by rolling.
- Boil vigorously.
- Pronounce with a roll, of the phoneme /r/.
- Flatten or spread with a roller.
- Arrange or or coil around.
- Begin operating or running.
- Move by turning over or rotating.
- Cause to move by turning over or in a circular manner of as if on an axis.
- Move, rock, or sway from side to side.
- Move about aimlessly or without any destination, often in search of food or employment.
- Chinese synonyms: 漫步, 流浪, 徘徊, 闲荡, 漫游, 游荡
- Synonyms: cast, drift, ramble, range, roam, rove, stray, swan, tramp, vagabond, wander
- Move along on or as if on wheels or a wheeled vehicle.
- Move in a wavy pattern or with a rising and falling motion.
- Emit, produce, or utter with a deep prolonged reverberating sound.
- Sell something to or obtain something from by energetic and especially underhanded activity.