(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(名) As a noun
(动) As a verb
- The act of changing location in an upward direction.
- Increase in price or value.
- The property possessed by a slope or surface that rises.
- The amount a salary is increased.
- An increase in cost.
- A growth in strength or number or importance.
- The origination of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost.
- A wave that lifts the surface of the water or ground.
- A movement upward.
- An upward slope or grade (as in a road).
- Chinese synonyms: 斜坡, 高地, 向上的斜坡
- Synonyms: acclivity, ascent, climb, raise, upgrade
- Antonyms: declension, declination, decline, declivity, descent, downslope, fall
- Get up and out of bed.
- Chinese synonyms: 起床
- Synonyms: arise, get up, turn out, uprise
- Antonyms: bed, crawl in, go to bed, go to sleep, hit the hay, hit the sack, kip down, retire, sack out, turn in
- Return from the dead.
- Increase in value or to a higher point.
- Rise in rank or status.
- Become more extreme.
- Go up or advance.
- Exert oneself to meet a challenge.
- Move upward.
- Chinese synonyms: 上升, 上涨, 出现
- Synonyms: arise, come up, go up, lift, move up, uprise
- Antonyms: come down, descend, fall, go down
- Move to a better position in life or to a better job.
- Come up, of celestial bodies.
- Increase in volume.
- Chinese synonyms: 发酵
- Synonyms: prove
- Rise to one's feet.
- Come to the surface.
- Take part in a rebellion; renounce a former allegiance.
- Come into existence; take on form or shape.
- Rise up.