(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(动) As a verb
- To establish a mapping (of mathematical elements or sets).
- Chinese synonyms: 映射, 对应
- Synonyms: map
- Bring forward and present to the mind.
- Point out or draw attention to in protest or remonstrance.
- Express indirectly by an image, form, or model; be a symbol.
- Describe or present, usually with respect to a particular quality.
- Serve as a means of expressing something.
- Create an image or likeness of.
- Perform (a play), especially on a stage.
- Play a role or part.
- Be a delegate or spokesperson for; represent somebody's interest or be a proxy or substitute for, as of politicians and office holders representing their constituents, or of a tenant representing other tenants in a housing dispute.
- Be representative or typical for.
- Be the defense counsel for someone in a trial.
- Form or compose.
- Take the place of or be parallel or equivalent to.
- Be characteristic of.