(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(形) As an adjective
(名) As a noun
- Located in or toward the back or rear.
(动) As a verb
- The side that goes last or is not normally seen.
- The fleshy part of the human body that you sit on.
- Chinese synonyms: 臀部, 尾部, 臀, 后部, 屁股
- Synonyms: arse, ass, backside, behind, bottom, bum, buns, butt, buttocks, can, derriere, fanny, fundament, hind end, hindquarters, keister, nates, posterior, prat, rear end, rump, seat, stern, tail, tail end, tooshie, tush
- The back of a military formation or procession.
- The part of something that is furthest from the normal viewer.
- The side of an object that is opposite its front.
- Construct, build, or erect.
- Chinese synonyms: 建造, 建立
- Synonyms: erect, put up, raise, set up
- Antonyms: dismantle, level, pull down, rase, raze, take down, tear down
- Stand up on the hind legs, of quadrupeds.
- Cause to rise up.
- Bring up.
- Rise up.