(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(名) As a noun
(动) As a verb
- The act of raising something.
- Increasing the size of a bet (as in poker).
- The amount a salary is increased.
- An upward slope or grade (as in a road).
- Chinese synonyms: 斜坡, 高地, 向上的斜坡
- Synonyms: acclivity, ascent, climb, rise, upgrade
- Antonyms: declension, declination, decline, declivity, descent, downslope, fall
- Cause to become alive again.
- Raise the level or amount of something.
- Put an end to.
- Raise in rank or condition.
- Invigorate or heighten.
- Bring (a surface or a design) into relief and cause to project.
- Multiply (a number) by itself a specified number of times: 8 is 2 raised to the power 3.
- Establish radio communications with.
- Activate or stir up.
- Cause to be heard or known; express or utter.
- Pronounce (vowels) by bringing the tongue closer to the roof of the mouth.
- Put forward for consideration or discussion.
- Cause to assemble or enlist in the military.
- Bet more than the previous player.
- Bid (one's partner's suit) at a higher level.
- Summon into action or bring into existence, often as if by magic.
- Construct, build, or erect.
- Chinese synonyms: 建造, 建立
- Synonyms: erect, put up, rear, set up
- Antonyms: dismantle, level, pull down, rase, raze, take down, tear down
- Cultivate by growing, often involving improvements by means of agricultural techniques.
- Create a disturbance, especially by making a great noise.
- Call forth (emotions, feelings, and responses).
- Move upwards.
- Chinese synonyms: 抬起, 抬
- Synonyms: lift
- Raise from a lower to a higher position.
- Chinese synonyms: 抬起, 举起, 提升, 提高, 提起
- Synonyms: bring up, elevate, get up, lift
- Antonyms: bring down, get down, let down, lower, take down
- Cause to puff up with a leaven.
- Collect funds for a specific purpose.
- Give a promotion to or assign to a higher position.
- Bring up.