(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(名) As a noun
(动) As a verb
- A job in an organization.
- The post or function properly or customarily occupied or served by another.
- An abstract mental location.
- A blank area.
- The passage that is being read.
- An item on a list or in a sequence.
- Any area set aside for a particular purpose.
- Where you live at a particular time.
- A public square with room for pedestrians.
- The particular portion of space occupied by something.
- A general vicinity.
- A space reserved for sitting (as in a theater or on a train or airplane).
- Chinese synonyms: 座位
- Synonyms: seat
- A point located with respect to surface features of some region.
- A particular situation.
- Proper or designated social situation.
- Proper or appropriate position or location.
- Recognize as being; establish the identity of someone or something.
- Assign a rank or rating to.
- Take a place in a competition; often followed by an ordinal.
- To arrange for.
- Sing a note with the correct pitch.
- Finish second or better in a horse or dog race.
- Assign to a station.
- Intend (something) to move towards a certain goal.
- Put into a certain place or abstract location.
- Make an investment.
- Assign a location to.
- Place somebody in a particular situation or location.
- Assign to (a job or a home).
- Identify the location or place of.