(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(名) As a noun
(动) As a verb
- The action or manner of throwing something.
- The act of throwing a baseball by a pitcher to a batter.
- Abrupt up-and-down motion (as caused by a ship or other conveyance).
- An all-fours game in which the first card led is a trump.
- A high approach shot in golf.
- The property of sound that varies with variation in the frequency of vibration.
- Degree of deviation from a horizontal plane.
- Promotion by means of an argument and demonstration.
- A vendor's position (especially on the sidewalk).
- Any of various dark heavy viscid substances obtained as a residue.
- Set the level or character of.
- Set to a certain pitch.
- Lead (a card) and establish the trump suit.
- Hit (a golf ball) in a high arc with a backspin.
- Throw or hurl from the mound to the batter, as in baseball.
- Throw or toss with a light motion.
- Erect and fasten.
- Move abruptly.
- Heel over.
- Fall or plunge forward.
- Be at an angle.
- Sell or offer for sale from place to place.