(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(名) As a noun
(动) As a verb
- The act of apprehending (especially apprehending a criminal).
- A squeeze with the fingers.
- Chinese synonyms: 撮, 捏
- Synonyms: tweak
- A small sharp bite or snip.
- A sudden unforeseen crisis (usually involving danger) that requires immediate action.
- A slight but appreciable amount.
- An injury resulting from getting some body part squeezed.
- A painful or straitened circumstance.
- Irritate as if by a nip, pinch, or tear.
- Cut the top off.
- Squeeze tightly between the fingers.
- Make ridges into by pinching together.
- Make off with belongings of others.
- Chinese synonyms: 窃, 偷, 偷窃, 盗
- Synonyms: abstract, cabbage, filch, hook, lift, nobble, pilfer, purloin, snarf, sneak, swipe