(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(形) As an adjective
(名) As a noun
- Of advancing the ball by throwing it.
(动) As a verb
- Success in satisfying a test or requirement.
- The act of throwing the ball to another member of your team.
- An advance to first base by a batter who receives four balls.
- A flight or run by an aircraft over a target.
- A play that involves one player throwing the ball to a teammate.
- A usually brief attempt.
- A complimentary ticket.
- A permit to enter or leave a military installation.
- A document indicating permission to do something without restrictions.
- Any authorization to pass or go somewhere.
- You advance to the next round in a tournament without playing an opponent.
- One complete cycle of operations (as by a computer).
- A difficult juncture.
- The location in a range of mountains of a geological formation that is lower than the surrounding peaks.
- A bad or difficult situation or state of affairs.
- A written leave of absence.
- Eliminate from the body.
- Come to pass.
- Pass from physical life and lose all bodily attributes and functions necessary to sustain life.
- Chinese synonyms: 去世, 死去, 死亡, 消逝, 翘辫子
- Synonyms: buy the farm, cash in one's chips, choke, conk, croak, decease, die, drop dead, exit, expire, give-up the ghost, go, kick the bucket, pass away, perish, pop off, snuff it
- Antonyms: be born
- Disappear gradually.
- Transmit information.
- Grant authorization or clearance for.
- Pass over, across, or through.
- Pass into a specified state or condition.
- Travel past.
- Go across or through.
- Move past.
- Cause to pass.
- Pass by.
- Chinese synonyms: 过去, 逝去, 流逝, 过, 消逝
- Synonyms: elapse, glide by, go along, go by, lapse, slide by, slip away, slip by
- Transfer to another; of rights or property.
- Be inherited by.
- Place into the hands or custody of.
- Throw (a ball) to another player.
- Allow to go without comment or censure.
- Make laws, bills, etc. or bring into effect by legislation.
- Go unchallenged; be approved.
- Accept or judge as acceptable.
- Go successfully through a test or a selection process.
- Be superior or better than some standard.
- Stretch out over a distance, space, time, or scope; run or extend between two points or beyond a certain point.
- Pass time in a specific way.