(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(名) As a noun
(动) As a verb
- The principal activity in your life that you do to earn money.
- Acting in conformity.
- A conductor for transmitting electrical or optical signals or electric power.
- Something (as a cord or rope) that is long and thin and flexible.
- The road consisting of railroad track and roadbed.
- A commercial organization serving as a common carrier.
- A particular kind of product or merchandise.
- A pipe used to transport liquids or gases.
- Mechanical system in a factory whereby an article is conveyed through sites at which successive operations are performed on it.
- A telephone connection.
- A conceptual separation or distinction.
- A course of reasoning aimed at demonstrating a truth or falsehood; the methodical process of logical reasoning.
- A means of communication or access.
- A short personal letter.
- A mark that is long relative to its width.
- Text consisting of a row of words written across a page or computer screen.
- Persuasive but insincere talk that is usually intended to deceive or impress.
- A succession of notes forming a distinctive sequence.
- The descendants of one individual.
- Synonyms: ancestry, blood, blood line, bloodline, descent, line of descent, lineage, origin, parentage, pedigree, stemma, stock
- A connected series of events or actions or developments.
- A formation of people or things one behind another.
- A formation of people or things one beside another.
- A spatial location defined by a real or imaginary unidimensional extent.
- In games or sports; a mark indicating positions or bounds of the playing area.
- A fortified position (especially one marking the most forward position of troops).
- A single frequency (or very narrow band) of radiation in a spectrum.
- The maximum credit that a customer is allowed.
- Space for one line of print (one column wide and 1/14 inch deep) used to measure advertising.
- A length (straight or curved) without breadth or thickness; the trace of a moving point.
- A slight depression in the smoothness of a surface.
- Reinforce with fabric.
- Fill plentifully.
- Cover the interior of.
- Mark with lines.
- Make a mark or lines on a surface.
- Be in line with; form a line along.