(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(名) As a noun
(动) As a verb
- The playing of a card to start a trick in bridge.
- A position of leadership.
- A jumper that consists of a short piece of wire.
- Mixture of graphite with clay in different degrees of hardness; the marking substance in a pencil.
- Thin strip of metal used to separate lines of type in printing.
- Restraint consisting of a rope (or light chain) used to restrain an animal.
- The timing of ignition relative to the position of the piston in an internal-combustion engine.
- An advantage held by a competitor in a race.
- Evidence pointing to a possible solution.
- The introductory section of a story.
- A news story of major importance.
- An indication of potential opportunity.
- The position taken by a base runner preparing to advance to the next base.
- An actor who plays a principal role.
- The score by which a team or individual is winning.
- The angle between the direction a gun is aimed and the position of a moving target (correcting for the flight time of the missile).
- A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element; bluish white when freshly cut but tarnishes readily to dull grey.
- Cause to undertake a certain action.
- Preside over.
- Lead, as in the performance of a composition.
- Move ahead (of others) in time or space.
- Travel in front of; go in advance of others.
- Take somebody somewhere.
- Be in charge of.
- Be conducive to.
- Have as a result or residue.
- Tend to or result in.
- Stretch out over a distance, space, time, or scope; run or extend between two points or beyond a certain point.
- Lead, extend, or afford access.
- Chinese synonyms: 通向, 通往
- Synonyms: go
- Cause something to pass or lead somewhere.
- Be ahead of others; be the first.
- Chinese synonyms: 领先, 胜过
- Synonyms: top