(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(名) As a noun
(动) As a verb
- The act of jumping; propelling yourself off the ground.
- Descent with a parachute.
- A sudden involuntary movement.
- An abrupt transition from one scene to another.
- An abrupt transition.
- A sudden and decisive increase.
- Go back and forth; swing back and forth between two states or conditions.
- Rise in rank or status.
- Increase suddenly and significantly.
- Pass abruptly from one state or topic to another.
- Enter eagerly into.
- Make a sudden physical attack on.
- Start (a car engine whose battery is dead) by connecting it to another car's battery.
- Move or jump suddenly, as if in surprise or alarm.
- Move forward by leaps and bounds.
- Chinese synonyms: 跳过, 飞跃, 跳, 跳动, 蹦, 蹦跳, 跳越, 跳跃, 跃过, 弹跳
- Synonyms: bound, leap, spring
- Cause to jump or leap.
- Jump from an airplane and descend with a parachute.
- Run off or leave the rails.
- Jump down from an elevated point.
- Be highly noticeable.