(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(形) As an adjective
(副) As an adverb
- Not easy; requiring great physical or mental effort to accomplish or comprehend or endure.
- Characterized by effort to the point of exhaustion; especially physical effort.
- Chinese synonyms: 费劲的, 艰难的, 非常辛劳的, 费劲, 费力的, 艰苦的, 艰苦, 费力, 艰难, 非常辛劳
- Synonyms: arduous, backbreaking, grueling, gruelling, heavy, laborious, operose, punishing, toilsome
- Dried out.
- Unfortunate or hard to bear.
- Resisting weight or pressure.
- Produced with the back of the tongue raised toward or touching the velum.
- (of light) transmitted directly from a pointed light source.
- Being distilled rather than fermented; having a high alcoholic content.
- Given to excessive indulgence of bodily appetites especially for intoxicating liquors.
- Produced without vibration of the vocal cords.
- Very strong or vigorous.
- Indulging excessively.