(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(名) As a noun
(动) As a verb
- A structure or marking that serves to direct the motion or positioning of something.
- A model or standard for making comparisons.
- Something that offers basic information or instruction.
- Someone who shows the way by leading or advising.
- Someone who can find paths through unexplored territory.
- Someone employed to conduct others.
- Pass over, across, or through.
- Direct the course; determine the direction of travelling.
- Chinese synonyms: 指挥, 指导, 引导
- Synonyms: channelise, channelize, direct, head, maneuver, manoeuver, manoeuvre, point, steer
- Take somebody somewhere.
- Use as a guide.
- Be a guiding or motivating force or drive.