(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(动) As a verb
- Get up and out of bed.
- Chinese synonyms: 起床
- Synonyms: arise, rise, turn out, uprise
- Antonyms: bed, crawl in, go to bed, go to sleep, hit the hay, hit the sack, kip down, retire, sack out, turn in
- Cause to rise.
- Put on special clothes to appear particularly appealing and attractive.
- Synonyms: attire, deck out, deck up, dress up, fancy up, fig out, fig up, gussy up, overdress, prink, rig out, tog out, tog up, trick out, trick up
- Antonyms: dress down, underdress
- Study intensively, as before an exam.
- Arrange by systematic planning and united effort.
- Raise from a lower to a higher position.
- Chinese synonyms: 抬起, 举起, 提升, 提高, 提起
- Synonyms: bring up, elevate, lift, raise
- Antonyms: bring down, get down, let down, lower, take down
- Rise to one's feet.