(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(名) As a noun
(动) As a verb
- A particular kind of commercial enterprise.
- A place where planes take off and land.
- The area that is visible (as through an optical instrument).
- A branch of knowledge.
- All the competitors in a particular contest or sporting event.
- All of the horses in a particular horse race.
- A set of elements such that addition and multiplication are commutative and associative and multiplication is distributive over addition and there are two elements 0 and 1.
- A set of one or more adjacent characters comprising a unit of information.
- A region where a battle is being (or has been) fought.
- A region in which active military operations are in progress.
- Somewhere (away from a studio or office or library or laboratory) where practical work is done or data is collected.
- A piece of land cleared of trees and usually enclosed.
- Chinese synonyms: 野外, 田野, 田
- A piece of land prepared for playing a game.
- A geographic region (land or sea) under which something valuable is found.
- Extensive tract of level open land.
- The space around a radiating body within which its electromagnetic oscillations can exert force on another similar body not in contact with it.
- A particular environment or walk of life.
- Select (a team or individual player) for a game.
- Answer adequately or successfully.
- Play as a fielder.
- Catch or pick up (balls) in baseball or cricket.