(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(名) As a noun
(动) As a verb
- A vertical surface of a building or cliff.
- The side upon which the use of a thing depends (usually the most prominent surface of an object).
- The striking or working surface of an implement.
- The general outward appearance of something.
- The feelings expressed on a person's face.
- Impudent aggressiveness.
- Status in the eyes of others.
- The front of the human head from the forehead to the chin and ear to ear.
- The part of an animal corresponding to the human face.
- A specific size and style of type within a type family.
- A contorted facial expression.
- A surface forming part of the outside of an object.
- Chinese synonyms: 表面
- Synonyms: side
- A part of a person that is used to refer to a person.
- Deal with (something unpleasant) head on.
- Oppose, as in hostility or a competition.
- Cover the front or surface of.
- Line the edge (of a garment) with a different material.
- Turn so as to face; turn the face in a certain direction.
- Turn so as to expose the face.
- Be oriented in a certain direction, often with respect to another reference point; be opposite to.
- Be opposite.