(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(形) As an adjective
(动) As a verb
- (of business) not active or brisk.
- Emitting or reflecting very little light.
- (of color) very low in saturation; highly diluted.
- Chinese synonyms: 不鲜艳的, 晦暗, 不鲜明的, 无光泽, 不鲜艳, 晦暗地, 无光彩的, 不明亮, 不明亮的, 不鲜明, 暗淡, 无光泽的, 暗淡的, 无光彩, 微暗, 微暗的
- Slow to learn or understand; lacking intellectual acuity.
- Chinese synonyms: 愚蠢的, 钝的, 呆滞, 迟钝的, 愚钝, 愚蠢, 迟缓的, 迟钝, 迟缓, 呆滞的, 蠢, 愚钝的, 钝
- Synonyms: dense, dim, dumb, obtuse, slow
- Darkened with overcast.
- Not having a sharp edge or point.
- Chinese synonyms: 钝的, 钝
- Antonyms: sharp
- Not keenly felt.
- Lacking in liveliness or animation.
- So lacking in interest as to cause mental weariness.
- Being or made softer or less loud or clear.
- Not clear and resonant; sounding as if striking with or against something relatively soft.
- Blunted in responsiveness or sensibility.
- Make less lively or vigorous.
- Become dull or lusterless in appearance; lose shine or brightness.
- Become less interesting or attractive.
- Make dull in appearance.
- Make dull or blunt.
- Make numb or insensitive.
- Deaden (a sound or noise) , especially by wrapping.