(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(名) As a noun
(动) As a verb
- The act of applying force to propel something.
- A journey in a vehicle (usually an automobile).
- The act of driving a herd of animals overland.
- A hard straight return (as in tennis or squash).
- Hitting a golf ball off of a tee with a driver.
- A series of actions advancing a principle or tending toward a particular end.
- A wide scenic road planted with trees.
- A mechanism by which force or power is transmitted in a machine.
- A device that writes data onto or reads data from a storage medium.
- Chinese synonyms: 磁盘, 驱动器
- A road leading up to a private house.
- The trait of being highly motivated.
- A physiological state corresponding to a strong need or desire.
- Move into a desired direction of discourse.
- Chase from cover into more open ground.
- Search for game.
- Cause to function by supplying the force or power for or by controlling.
- Excavate horizontally.
- Hit very hard, as by swinging a bat horizontally.
- Strike with a driver, as in teeing off.
- Cause to move back by force or influence.
- Cause to move rapidly by striking or throwing with force.
- Push, propel, or press with force.
- Force into or from an action or state, either physically or metaphorically.
- Compel somebody to do something, often against his own will or judgment.
- Travel or be transported in a vehicle.
- Proceed along in a vehicle.
- Operate or control a vehicle.
- Urge forward.
- Cause someone or something to move by driving.
- Move by being propelled by a force.
- Strive and make an effort to reach a goal.
- Work as a driver.
- To compel or force or urge relentlessly or exert coercive pressure on, or motivate strongly.
- Chinese synonyms: 骑, 开
- Synonyms: ride