(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(动) As a verb
- Get to know or become aware of, usually accidentally.
- Identify as in botany or biology, for example.
- Make a discovery.
- Make known to the public information that was previously known only to a few people or that was meant to be kept a secret.
- Chinese synonyms: 暴露, 透露, 揭发, 遁道, 揭露, 泄露, 露出
- Synonyms: break, bring out, disclose, divulge, expose, give away, let on, let out, reveal, unwrap
- Make a discovery, make a new finding.
- See for the first time; make a discovery.
- Discover or determine the existence, presence, or fact of.
- Find unexpectedly.
- Chinese synonyms: 偶然发现, 偶然看见, 意外发现
- Synonyms: attain, chance on, chance upon, come across, come upon, fall upon, happen upon, light upon, strike